Vacancy for Administrative and Human Resource Assistant (part-time)
The Malaysian Centre for Constitutionalism and Human Rights (MCCHR) a.k.a Pusat Rakyat LoyarBurok is a community-based organisation based in Bangsar, Kuala Lumpur. Established in March 2011, its mission is to promote and protect human rights in Malaysia in accordance with established international human rights principles, treaties and law.
MCCHR carries out a number of projects. Under its strategic litigation component, it has filed a number of test cases/appeals against court decisions to effect public interest policies and legal changes in the areas of gender equality, freedom of expression, freedom of religion, preventive detention laws, and rights of indigenous peoples. It has also implemented a first-of-its-kind voter/citizen education project called UndiMsia! (undimsia.com). In addition, it runs a popular blog (loyarburok.com) to encourage and promote free flow of information on various human rights issues.
MCCHR is looking for an Administrative and Human Resource Officer to assist MCCHR in carrying out its activities.
Job Title : Administrative and Human Resource Officer (AHRO)
Start date : 17 February 2020
Duration : 1 year with the possibility of extension
Employment type : Part time
Duty station : Pusat Rakyat LoyarBurok, Bangsar, Kuala Lumpur
Supervisor : Chief Executive Officer
Gross salary : RM1,500 per month depending on experience
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: 20 JANUARY 2020
Objectives: Provide support and assistance in various aspects of administrative and human resource management of MCCHR’s projects.
Responsibilities: Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Administrative and Human Resource Officer performs the following responsibilities:
- Provide day-to-day administrative support to the MCCHR in all areas of work, including but not limited to photocopying, faxing, mailing, and filing;
- Make travel and logistics arrangement for staff, interns, volunteers and visiting delegates;
- Organise and coordinate administrative arrangements for meetings, conferences and workshops;
- Prepare meeting agenda and take minutes of meetings;
- Maintain and update the office filing system, both physical and online;
- Maintain overall cleanliness and orderliness of the office;
- Handle requests by external parties to use MCCHR’s community space;
- Handle purchase orders for MCCHR’s merchandises and restock, when requested;
- Maintain and update a comprehensive and detailed database of all MCCHR’s projects;
- Monitor and manage all correspondences to and from MCCHR, both physical mails and MCCHR’s general e-mail accounts; and
- Perform other related duties as required.
Human resource management
- Prepare and process payments for staff medical insurance and office insurance respectively;
- Brief new staff members, consultants and interns on administrative, finance and procurement matters; and
- Review and update the staff handbook as and when needed, and/or when instructed by the CEO.
- Arrange for the procurement of equipment, supplies and services;
- Arrange for equipment maintenance and insurance as required;
- Physically clear and ensure delivery of equipment and supplies procured for the project; and
- Maintain an equipment inventory including verification and transfer when required.
- Good records management skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and basic computing skills.
- Good organisational and planning skills.
- Good communications (spoken and written) skills.
- Demonstrates an outcome-oriented attitude and effective problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrates an ability to work independently with minimum supervision, and at the same time is willing to work as a team.
- Demonstrates commitment to MCCHR’s mission, vision and values.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, disabilities sensitivity and adaptability.
- Shares knowledge and experience.
- Ability and willingness to travel to locations in Malaysia.
- Displays high ethical standards of honesty, transparency and accountability.
- Professional Certificate, Bachelor’s Degree, or Professional Degree in Business Administration or Business Management or equivalent.
- At least one year of experience in administrative work is required.
- Fluency in both oral and written Bahasa Melayu and English is essential. Knowledge of a third language is advantageous.
You are kindly requested to submit a cover letter and curriculum vitae to [email protected]om by 20 January 2020. Please indicate the title of the post in your cover letter and email subject line.
The MCCHR is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.