Fundamental Freedoms Fringe Fest (4F)
The International Malaysia Law Conference (“IMLC”) 2012, taking place from 26 to 28 Sept 2012, will explore the impact of law on business, society and government in the global arena, through keynote addresses, plenary sessions and inspirational talks featuring globally-renowned speakers and delegates.
The Bar Council is pleased to invite you the Fundamental Freedoms Fringe Fest (“4F”), held in conjunction with the IMLC 2012.
Details are as follows:
Date: 27 September 2012
Time: 7:30 pm to 10:00 pm
Venue: Plenary Hall, Centre Core, Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre
Admission is free and everyone is welcome.
The Federal Constitution is the highest law of the land. It guarantees our fundamental freedoms. Our freedom of speech and expression. Our right to peacefully assemble. Our freedom of association.
Image Source: filipspagnoli.wordpress.com
4F is a celebration of these rights through the arts.
4F is a collaboration between the Bar Council and youth movement collective, Frinjan.
4F boasts a fantastic line-up of acts, some of which are considered to be on the fringes of performing arts, to freely express themselves in our fête of fundamental liberties.
4F is a night when the law and the arts come together for a carnival unlike any other you may have seen.
4F features performances by:
- Zip Zieller — a working class indie rock & roll band;
- Negarakus — Malaysia’s very own spoken words group;
- Dewangga Sakti — an ensemble that brings together ethnic Malay music to the contemporary audience;
- SYB — band of practising lawyers (who says lawyers cannot rock?);
- Petak Daud — a young up-and-coming and vocal performer; and
- ‘Nemang Moh” (meaning “Mesti Boleh”), a traditional performance by a group of Orang Asli (which replaces “Hak Dinafikan” — a documentary on the plight of the Orang Asli)
Should you have any enquiries, kindly contact Mohd Fazli Rosman (03-2050 2105; [email protected]) or Vilashini Vijayan (03-2050 2095; [email protected]). Do also checkout the Facebook event page here.
See you there!