This blawg is owned and maintained by Liberal Banter Sdn Bhd (‘LB’). By accessing the blawg, you agree to comply with the terms and conditions of use of this blawg set out below. If you do not agree, or find none of the terms and conditions the least bit funny, then you should immediately discontinue accessing this blawg. To all those who agree to the terms and conditions, LB welcomes you warmly.
- Nothing in this blawg is legal advice. Find and pay for your own lawyer if you have a legal problem.
- LB and the individual contributors bear no responsibility to you whatsoever at all (that means nada, zip, zilch) for any loss you suffer because you rely on anything at all in this blawg. We’re unreliable – look at the name of the blawg for heaven’s sake.
- The views, expressions and opinions contained in this blawg are the individual contributor’s own unless you are informed otherwise.
- LB does not monitor or moderate comments, and so may be unaware of illegal or potentially libelous material posted here. Note however that LB runs a spam filter which automatically bans comments which are categorised, rightly or wrongly, as spam.
- If you believe a comment requires to be edited, deleted, released or categorised as spam, please notify LB immediately by sending an e-mail containing details of the material and sufficient information for us to verify the accuracy of your complaint to [email protected]
B. Your Freedom
- LB encourages, promotes and supports freedom of information, speech, expression, opinion and thought in accordance with international human rights norms. However, LB also recognises that we operate within the limits of the laws of cyberspace. As such, the following applies when you post a comment on this blawg.
- Do not post anything that:
(a) is abusive, obscene, pornographic, threatening, potentially defamatory, or amounts to an invasion of privacy;
(b) infringes the intellectual property rights, including, but not limited to, any copyright, patent, trade secret or trademarks, of any person or entity;
(c) is illegal in any way or advocates illegal activity;
(d) advertises or solicits funds, goods or services; or,
(e) results in the disruption or interference with another’s use and enjoyment of this awesome blawg.
- You agree that any and all comments, messages, postings, data, suggestions, creative ideas, designs, concepts, product suggestions and other items or materials disclosed, submitted or offered to LB through or in connection with this blawg (‘Contributions’), including, but not limited to, survey responses, shall be treated as non-confidential and not proprietary and shall become, and remain, property of LB and this blawg. Such disclosure, submission or offer of any Contributions shall constitute a full assignment to LB of all rights, title and interests in all copyrights and other rights in the Contributions. In submitting your Contributions, you represent that you have all rights necessary to make such Contributions.
- LB is, and shall be, under no obligation:
(a) to maintain any Contributions in confidence;
(b) to pay to anyone any compensation for or in connection with the use of any Contributions; or
(c) to respond to any Contributions.
- LB may edit, censor or even delete Contributions for reasons of legal compliance, taste, decency, good management or any other reason that LB sees fit.
- Once a Contribution is made and submitted for review by our MastHead team, LB will not entertain any request to “unpublish” or remove the Contribution, except in the sole discretion of LB or if required by law. Figure out if your post is publishable before you submit it for review, please.
- LB may unilaterally terminate this agreement. Upon such termination, your right to access or use of this blawg will cease with immediate effect.
- LB may unilaterally impose a ban, terminate or suspend you or anyone else without assigning any reason. If a reason is given, LB shall ensure that the content is amusing to an independent third party of its choice. Upon such termination or suspension, your right to access or use this blawg will cease with immediate effect.
- The judgment of LB in these matters is final and will be exercised without cause, notice, apology, explanation or compensation.
- If you wish to advertise or garner any publicity for yourself or for any website, e-group or other entity, product or service, you must first get LB’s express permission. LB may charge you a fee for such publicity at its discretion.
- Should you like this blawg or LB to endorse your product, service, information or if you want to re-use or distribute any material from this blawg commercially, please contact us at [email protected] to discuss our endorsement fees/rates.
- By using this blawg, you unconditionally and unreservedly warrant and undertake to LB and to the individual contributors that you will not use this blawg or any of its contents for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms and conditions, and that you shall hold harmless and fully indemnify and keep indemnified LB and its servants, officers and/or agents and the individual contributors from any and all claims, demands, losses, damages, costs and liabilities, including reasonable solicitors’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your acts or omissions.
D. Intellectual Property Rights
- Except for the above rights, all other material in this blawg is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Non Commercial-Share Alike licence. In brief, you are free to copy, distribute, display, and perform the work and to make derivative works under the following conditions:
(a) You must attribute the work by identifying it as originating from www.loyarburok.com, giving a hyperlink to the work and identifying the contributor of the work.
(b) You may not use the work for commercial purposes.
(c) If you alter, transform, or build upon the work, you may distribute the resulting work only under a license identical to this one.
- If you believe that any material found on this blawg has been used in a manner that constitutes infringement of your copyrighted work please provide written notice to LB with sufficient proof of the same including at least the following information:
(a) identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed;
(b) a description of where the infringing material is located on this blawg;
(c) your contact information i.e. address, telephone number, and email address;
(d) a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorised by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and,
(e) a statement by you that you are the copyright owner or authorised to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
E. Links and Publicity
- You may put links to the main home page of this blawg on your website/blog, but deep linking is not permitted.
- This blawg may contain links to other websites/blogs to which LB has no control or interest. The availability of these links on this blawg shall not be construed in any way whatsoever as LB endorsing such websites/blogs or their contents nor create any legal relationship at all in the event of any commerce carried out through such linked websites/blogs.
F. Governing Law
- These terms and conditions and your use of this blawg shall be governed under the laws of England, without regard to its conflict of law principles.
- Any dispute arising under these terms and conditions or out of your use of this blawg shall be resolved exclusively by arbitration under ICC Rules in Switzerland or the Bahamas by a quorum of 3 affordably priced human rights activists. Proceedings are to be conducted in Kelantanese Malay.
- Before commencing any form of legal action whatsoever, you agree that whether you win or lose, you will pay for the legal fees and travel expenses to/from Malaysia of LB, its directors and shareholders, to enable them to be present at the above tribunals.
- Please note that any product, policy, or other decision made by LB is final and not appealable to/in any courts in Malaysia.
- This Agreement comprises the entire agreement between LB and you. These terms and conditions are subject to changes from time to time without notice, at the unfettered discretion of LB, and which shall take effect immediately upon the posting of the modified terms and conditions. Thereafter, references herein to ‘terms and conditions’ shall include such modified terms and conditions. You agree to check this page every time you visit this blawg for any update. If any of the modified terms and conditions are unacceptable to you, you must discontinue accessing this blawg. Your use of and access to and/or continued use of and access to this blawg following the posting of such modified terms and conditions shall be deemed acceptance of all such changes without any reservation.
G. General Whimsical Disclaimers
- Use of this advanced computing technology does not imply an endorsement of Western industrial civilisation. The pervasive use of the English Language on this site does not in anyway tantamount to the endorsement of past colonial rule by the British of Malaysia. LB primarily prefers using the English Language because it finds its words very effective in putting the message across.
- Any intelligent/great/superb/sublime/genius-quality idea is to be attributed to Lord Bobo Barnabus, The Wonder Typewriting Monkey, General Chief Editor of this blawg, even though it may be expressed by the contributors, as it is very likely that Lord Bobo Barnabus had transmitted that idea by telepathy to the relevant contributor. Any suggestion, idea or proposal that is not of such quality is the sole and personal view or opinion of the attributed contributor which this blawg does not approve of but merely posts it up on this blawg for your amusement.
H. Note of Gentle Advice
- We strongly encourage you to consider several rules of thumb when posting your Contributions on this blawg:
(a) Remember that your audience may be complete strangers.
(b) If you are replying to posts by others, remember that it is often easy to misunderstand what the author is trying to say because you are communicating in cyberspace.
(c) Carefully read and be sure of the precise message the author is trying convey. If in doubt, do ask or give the author the benefit of the doubt.
(d) Be cautious with your language, choice of words, style and manner in which your post is presented. Re-edit your text as much as necessary until you get it right.
(e) Do attempt to avoid sending posts which may be perceived as confrontational, offensive or inflammatory, as much as you did not intend it so to be.
(f) As far as is possible, do attempt to be constructive in your posts for all of us to grow and engage in a helpful, beneficial and meaningful way.
Notwithstanding the above – loosen up and have fun!
Updated as at 21st November 2012. All amendments have retrospective effect to the beginning of time.