The Malaysian Centre for Constitutionalism and Human Rights (MCCHR) is a community-based organisation situated in Kuala Lumpur. Established in March 2011, its mission is to promote and protect human rights in Malaysia in accordance with established international human rights standards.
The MCCHR carries out a number of projects – under its strategic litigation component, it has filed a number of test cases/appeals against Court decisions to effect public interest policies and legal changes in the areas of equality, freedom of expression, freedom of religion, right to fair trial and protection of human rights defender. It has also implemented a first-of-its-kind voter/citizen education project called UndiMsia! (undimsia.com). In addition, it runs a popular blog (loyarburok.com) to encourage and promote free flow of information on various human rights issues.
The MCCHR is looking for an Office Manager to assist the MCCHR in carrying out its activities.
Position: Office Manager
Start date: 4 May 2015
Duration: 1 year with the possibility of extension
Employment type: Full-time
Duty station: A-3A-8, Pantai Business Park, Jalan Pantai Baharu, 59200 Kuala Lumpur
Gross salary: RM3000/month
Deadline for application: 5 April 2015
Objectives: Manage office operations, procedures and resources to ensure organisational effectiveness and efficiency.
Responsibilities: Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Office Manager performs the following responsibilities:
- Provide day-to-day administrative support to the MCCHR in all areas of work; including but not limited to maintaining filing system, arrangement of logistics for workshops, conferences, etc.
- Establish and monitor procedures for record-keeping, including inventory of stock; and
- Oversee adherence to office policies and procedures.
Accounting and financial management
- Manage the tracking and following-up on expenditures and availability of funds, processing claims and arranging petty cash;
- Maintain financial records of the MCCHR, including purchase order, invoices, payment vouchers, receipts, consignment notes, stock balance record, cash flow records/book-keeping in a timely manner;
- Ensure account receivables and payables activities are performed accurately and timely; and
- Manage the preparation of balance sheets, income statements, expense reports, etc. in preparation for company audit and tax-filing.
- Monitor and maintain office supplies inventory;
- Arrange for property and equipment maintenance and insurance as required;
- Physically clear and ensure delivery of equipment and supplies procured for the project; and
- Arrange for the procurement of equipment, supplies and services.
- Manage staff payroll; and
- Coordinate and organise annual company staff retreat.
- Highly organised and pays attention to detail;
- Demonstrates good judgment and problem-solving skills;
- Good knowledge of accounting, data and administrative management practices and procedures;
- Able to operate the MYOB accounting software;
- Approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Demonstrates ability to work independently with minimum supervision but at the same time commitment to team building;
- Demonstrates commitment to the MCCHR’s mission, vision and values;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, disabilities sensitivity and adaptability;
- Shares knowledge and experience;
- Ability to travel to locations in Malaysia.
Education: Degree in accounting or finance, or equivalent.
Experience: At least one year of experience in office administrative work is required.
Language requirements: Fluency in both oral and written Bahasa Malaysia and English is essential.
You are kindly requested to submit a cover letter and curriculum vitae to [email protected] by the stipulated deadline. Please indicate the title of the post in your cover letter and email subject line.
Only candidates who meet the qualifications and requirements for the mentioned position will be called for an interview.
The MCCHR is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.