Know Your Malaysian “Laws”
We’re not really sure either but here’s what it sure does seem like.
Talk to anyone in the streets, mamak shop, and kopitiam, and you will learn that in Malaysia it is the law that:
- if you are a bankrupt, you shall be automatically be discharged in 5 years’ time;
- if you are a bankrupt, you shall be jailed;
- if you do not vote in 3 consecutive elections, you shall go to jail;
- if you allow someone squat on your land, after 10 years your land shall become his;
- if you evict a squatter from your land, you must pay him compensation;
- if there is a same direction collision, the driver of the car at the back is in the wrong;
- if you are a Tun, you cannot be sued or prosecuted;
- if someone is a Datuk, Tan Sri or Tun and you do not address him as such, he can sue you;
- a car carrying a VIP takes precedence over an ambulance in emergency.
Do you have any other of these “laws” to share?